Saturday, September 8, 2012

No facebook, Why a blog?

Our new carpet
OK. So I do not (!!) have facebook, and I do not (!!) use any other social network only whatsapp if anyone calls it a social network. I just recently moved from Israel to live in Philadelphia (before you start yawning just take in consideration it is 2 hours more or less in the bus/train from NYC). So the reasons that moved me here, I must admit, are romantic only (ohh), but right away I understood that with all due respect to romance, I need to find my little heaven corner for the romance/me to survive.

So more than a month now I am thinking about the things I want to do for myself that will contain the things I love the most. I have like a day volunteer job but it is just not enough. For the last 6 years or so, there is just one thing I am thinking about all day long, and it is FASHION! I know that fashion blogs are a little out (The Man Repeller – I will always adore you!), but then I understood that each and every one of us see things so different, so if you have something you are so passionate about – you will make it work.

It probably will change like a million times in the next few weeks, but I am planning this blog to be the host of things that interest me or my eyes in fashion, food, the news (I promise that only a little), design, film and TV, and the thing that will connect all of them to me will be my yearn for (?) (like to miss) Israel from the one hand, and the excitement of being in the US from the other. Along the way I would really try to “promote” Israeli fashion designers because of my big appreciation for this small industry. I hope this journey will be exciting also for you readers (I hope eventually you will be from all over the world, and not just friends). You will have to forgive me for all the English mistakes, I am doing my best and hope to improve real soon. Best regards (just joking). XO, H. 

אוקיי, אז אין לי (!!) פייסבוק, ואני לא (!!) משתמשת באף רשת חברתית אחרת, רק וואטסאפ אם מישהו מחשיב את זה רשת חברתית. עברתי ממש לאחרונה מישראל לפילדלפיה (לפני שאתם מפהקים רק תיקחו בחשבון שזה רק שעתיים פחות או יותר באוטובוס/רכבת מניו יורק). אז הסיבה שבגינה עברתי לפה, אני חייבת להודות, היא רומנטית לחלוטין (אווו), אבל מהר מאוד הבנתי שעם כל הכבוד לרומנטיקה אני צריכה למצוא לעצמי פינת גן עדן קטנה אם אני רוצה שהרומנטיקה/אני גם נשרוד.

יותר מחודש אני חושבת על הדברים שאני רוצה לעשות בשביל עצמי שיכילו בתוכם את הדברים שאני הכי אוהבת. יש לי אמנם דיי ג'וב בהתנדבות אבל זה פשוט לא מספיק. ב-6 השנים האחרונות בערך, יש דבר אחד שאני פשוט חושבת עליו באופן עקבי לאורך כל היום והוא- אופנה. מאז שהחלו המחשבות, ניקרה בי כל הזמן המחשבה שבלוגי אופנה הם כבר דיי פסה (TheMan Repeller – I will always adore you!), אבל אז הבנתי שכל אחד מאיתנו רואה את הדברים באופן כל כך שונה, כך שאם יש משהו שיש לך תשוקה כל כך גדולה לגביו – אתה יכול לגרום לזה לקרות.

הנושאים שאני אעסוק בהם בטח ישתנו מיליון פעמים בשבועות הקרובים, אבל אני מתכננת שהבלוג ישמש כאכסנייה (כן כן, השתמשתי במילה הזאת, ועוד התכוונתי במילרע) לדברים שמעניינים אותי או את העין שלי באופנה, אוכל, אקטואליה (מבטיחה שממש קצת), עיצוב, קולנוע וטלוויזיה, ומה שאני מקווה שיאחד ביניהם הם הגעגועים שלי לארץ מצד אחד, וההתרגשות שבחיים במקום חדש – ארצות הברית של אמריקה. לאורך הדרך אני ממש אשתדל "לקדם" בדרכי שלי את תעשיית האופנה הישראלית בגלל הערכתי הגדולה לתעשייה הקטנטנה הזאת. אני מקווה שהמסע הזה יהיה מעניין גם בשבילכם הקוראים (אני מקווה שבסופו של דבר תהיו מכל העולם, ולא רק חבריי הקרובים). מי שקורא את הפוסטים באנגלית יאלץ לסלוח לי על העילגות לפעמים, אני ממש משתדלת ומקווה להשתפר בקרוב. XO H

2 comments:

  1. לא כל כך הבנתי איך יצירת תוכן אותנטי ואישי על משהו שאוהבים יכול להיות פאסה.
    בכל מקרה, ניראה שהבלוק שלך חמוד.
    שיהנה בהצלחה!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ממש כיף לשמוע! תודה רבה :)

      Delete