Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fashion & Life/Life as Fashion








Runway looks from left top: BCBG by Max Azaria, BCBG by Max Azaria, Derek Lam
Lacoste, Peter Som, MM6 by Maison Martin Margiela, Suno,
Rag & Bone, 3.1 Phillip Lim, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Jason Wu, Alexander Wang

Twice a year for a bit more than a month I would like to be unemployed. I would not mind going on a nice vacation on those dates, but I usually do not need more than a laptop and the style.com App on my I-Phone. This month is precisely like that – we have Fashion Weeks! Every year I find myself more amazed with the sense of inspiration and even joy and happiness obtained by these fashion weeks, even from those I did not like, then my thoughts are running, trying to understand why. In the past, I was running through the shows’ looks really fast until my thumb went numb (because of surfing in the great application I talked about). I was seeking for inspiration, but I admit I also had the urge to figure out what I want to own in the next year. When time went by, I just came to realize that the main issue is not about my clothes, but about the world and the small details I can draw from a single show. Another important thing I came to realize was that no matter how much I desired these clothes to be mine – they will never be. No doubt, this is really frustrating, but for me and I think for most people (at least in Israel) it is just more than expensive.

So…just a few days ago the first fashion week for 2013 spring summer season – New York Fashion Week has started. The most interesting thing for me in this week is the stars young designers such as 3.1 Philip Lim, Alexander Wang, Derek Lam etc., that always leave me stunned with their new interpretation and innovation of casual. I wish I had the chance to put my hands on even just a few items…but, I will have to be satisfied with the thoughts they left me with. I left you with a few images I picked punctiliously after viewing a lot (really, a lot) of shows, of one element I found the most inspiring. It is the perfect and harmonious combination between rough and soft. Once you see you will understand. In between there are my own instagram pics that I hope give you the connection between life and fashion and perhaps make you realize that life can be fashion if desired. XO 


פעמיים בשנה במשך קצת יותר מחודש כל פעם הייתי מאוד שמחה להיות מובטלת. כמובן שחופשה מפנקת במועדים הללו הייתה מתקבלת בברכה, אבל אני לא צריכה יותר מלפטופ והאפליקציה של style.com באייפון. החודש הקרוב הוא כזה. שבועות האופנה בבירות האופנה בעולם מתרחשים בזה אחר זה בסדר מופתי ותאווה לעיניים. מידי שנה אני מופתעת מחדש כמה השראה, ואפילו אפשר להגיד אושר, אפשר לשאוב מכל תצוגות האופנה, גם מאלה שלא אהבתי כי אז המחשבות רצות ומתחילות לפענח למה. עד לפני כמה שנים אני חושבת שריפרפתי בזריזות על הלוקים השונים מהתצוגות עד כדי שהבוהן שלי כמעט יצאה מהמקום בשל הדיפדוף המהיר בלוקים בעזרת האפליקציה הנהדרת שכבר הזכרתי, גם מתוך רצון לשאוב השראה, אם כי היה לי גם איזשהו דחף למצוא איך המלתחה שלי הולכת להיראות בעוד שנה מהיום. עם הזמן הבנתי שהעניין הוא לא בבגדים שלי, אלא בעולם ובדיטיילים הכי קטנים שאני יכולה לשאוב מהתצוגות הללו. תובנה נוספת שהגיעה עם השנים היא שלא משנה עד כמה אני ארצה אותם ואחשוק בהם ולא אשן בגללם בלילה, הפריטים שרצים שם על המסלול לעולם לא יהיו שלי. זה מתסכל, אין ספק, אבל מדובר במחירים כמעט בלתי ניתנים להשגה, במיוחד בארץ.

אז לעניינינו, לפני מספר ימים נפתח לו שבוע האופנה הראשון מבין שבועות האופנה לעונת הקיץ-אביב 2013 – שבוע האופנה בניו יורק. הדבר שהכי מעניין אותי בשבוע האופנה הזה באופן ספציפי הם המעצבים הצעירים שהפכו לכוכבים כמו פיליפ לים, אלכסנדר וונג, דרק לם וכו' וכו', שתמיד מצליחים להשאיר אותי פעורת פה מהאינטרפטציה החדשה ויכולת ההמצאה שלהם בכל הקשור לבגדי קז'ואל. הייתי מאוד שמחה אם הייתי יכולה להרשות לעצמי לשים את ידי על מספר מצומצם של פריטים, אך מכיוון שזה לא יקרה אני אסתפק במשהו יותר משמעותי – המחשבות שהתצוגות הותירו. אני משאירה אתכם עכשיו עם מספר אימג'ים שבחרתי בפינצטה לאחר צפייה במלא (באמת, מלא) תצוגות, של האלמנט הכי מעורר השראה מבחינתי והוא השילוב המושלם וההרמוני בין גס לרך. אתם תראו ותבינו. בין לבין שילבתי תמונות מהאינסטגרם האישי שלי – תמונות שאני צילמתי לאחרונה והרגשתי שמשתלבות שם יפה בשאיפה ליצור את הקשר בין החיים לאופנה, ואולי אולי לגרום לכם להבין שהחיים יכולים להיות אופנה אם רק נרצה. XO

All runway pics from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment