Saturday, February 16, 2013

Ohh NY NY




New York Fashion Week for the Fall-Winter 2013 season has just ended, and even though I followed the shows on my computer screen while wishing I was there, almost touching the models walking down the runways, I can say it was not less than extraordinary (see for example the amazing details from 3.1 Phillip Lim - first 3 above and model Marina Deleeuw in the second 3 in Derek Lam, Rag & Bone and Proenza Schouler, by the way - I think she's the next big thing!). 


The magic for me in New York Fashion Week is always the tension between rough and soft, between street and intelligent high chic, between simple and over the top, or if I need to sum it up to more concrete terms - between leather and lace. 

I admire the fact that many designers keep walking on this thin line, but still never look back and being nostalgic or doing the same things that worked before, but looking forward and inventing themselves once again. It was really a big celebration of fashion, so inspiring, the way I love it the most. 


3.1 Phillip Lim
(the one and only)








Proenza Schouler
(I'm speechless)





Derek Lam
(patch-work never looked so good)




Rag & Bone
(ohh the plaids and colors and styling and the shoesss!)










Rodarte 
(so surprising)




The Row
(chic chic chic, effortless chic and the perfect sweater)






Victoria Beckham
(did you ever think she will become one of the most chic people ever?!)






MM6
(wish to get inside this head, and a print of fur is genius)





Reed Krakoff
(velvet, leather, cotton, silk)



All pics from style.com (of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment